Health Certificates

Loop 363 Animal Hospital provides domestic health certificates if you are planning on traveling with your pet to another state. A pet health certificate, or a certificate of veterinary inspection (CVI), is a document that your pet's veterinarian fills out to declare that your pet is disease-free and up-to-date on all vaccinations. After a thorough examination of your pet and records, our veterinarians will provide you with this form for travel.

Animal health requirements differ from state to state, and even airline to airline. If traveling by air, check with your airline to see if a health certificate is required for your pet to travel. Since certificates must be issued within 10 days of travel, please schedule as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. Pets must be at least eight (8) weeks of age and fully weaned before travelling.

Traveling with your pet? Check with us about a health certificate

tuxedo cat coming out of carrierjpg

If you have additional questions on pet travel and domestic health certificates, be sure to visit the USDA - Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service. We are also available for any questions you may have.